Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Red Rocks

I visited Red Rocks today and met an old friend for lunch and a short hike. On the way there, I stopped for a panoramic view of the Flatirons. This pans left to right. (I will have to create the panorama next week when I am back home as I don''t have the software with me at the time.)
That's Boulder in the distance

Red Rocks

What can I say? The place is phenomenal and everything looks much bigger than you can imagine once you are up close and there in person.


A Short Hike

After meeting in Morrison for lunch, Bill Betz (an old friend from both high school and college days) and I took a short hike on the Trading Post Trail back up at Red Rocks. It sprinkled a bit at the end of our loop but otherwise the weather was good but cloudy.

Slick rock!

We chatted non stop - it was fun and great to reconnect!.

2 comments:

  1. It was great spending the afternoon with you Rich. Nice to catch up with what's going on in our lives and beautiful surroundings was frosting on the cake. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time here .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, sounds like you guys had a great time! Wish I could have joined you!!!

    ReplyDelete