Monday, March 18, 2019

Hudson Yards (a dystopian playground)

The Hudson Yards Shopping Mall just opened to a lot of hype and since its right on the corner of where I work, I had to check it out...

Humongous and unabashedly "modern" - its garnered a lot of critics - I love these quotes:
"A dystopian playground for the dull rich... a quasi-gated condo community targeted at the 0.1 percent... the physical space Hudson Yards has created is ostentatious and energizing, but the social space it has created is illusory and inauthentic... a quasi-gated condo community targeted at the 0.1 percent..."
I did like the idea of an art galley in a shopping mall and of course the "Vessel "calls to me to climb it but its pretty over the top (as the Brits would say) for me...

Art Galley

Attention grabbing exhibit at the entrance
Some interesting stuff...

 Models of the Complex


Walking thru the shopping mall

Huge multimedia video screens 
How do you pronounce this? :-)
Grandiose open area
DIY Graffiti Wall :-)
The Vessel (a.k.a. the giant rib cage!)
I will of course climb it soon
More grandiose open areas

No comments:

Post a Comment