Sunday, May 8, 2016

Northville - Lake Placid Trail (Ages Ago!)

A Blast From the Past

Right after High School Graduation, Bill Romania and I spent 5 days Hiking thru the Adirondacks on the Northville - Lake Placid Trail (< check out the interactive map). It was a first time major hike for me and a great experience. We trekked many miles per day with our food and sleeping bags in our backpacks and camped at night in the open lean-tos that were along the way - sometimes sharing the lean-tos with other hikers as well.

It was an amazing experience and truth be told it was kinda brutal for me as Bill kept up a relentless pace :-) but that was what was needed to see this trek through to the end :-)

We took the bus back from Saranac Lake and man ...we looked like we had just crawled out of the sewer (and smelled like it too!). Folks on the bus avoided us for good reason!


Dad's "Map Log"
What was even more endearing, as I went through my late Dad’s extensive topographical map collection of the Adirondacks, I discovered he had marked our entire trip!
My Dad marked up a series of topo maps charted where we hike, rested and camped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment