Monday, May 9, 2016

My Dad's Map Legacy

Many of you who know me well, know I am a bit obsessed with maps (there could be worse vices!!). I build mountain biking trail maps, railroad and trolley maps and even have a blog devoted primarily to maps. It has been a passion/obsession of mine for a while.

What is uncanny is, as I spent sometime sorting out my late father’s files, I came to realize where my map obsession came from >> my Dad!

There were reams of maps, old and new in his file cabinet. Even more endearing was his hand-drawn maps created as navigation aids on his travels and as well for folks who came to visit. There are a few examples below...


There’s a lot in our genes besides just hair and eye color!

 A few of My Dad's Hand Drawn Maps




Replete with a driveway parking diagram!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment