Friday, July 19, 2019

Biking in Boulder

On Friday, I rented a road bike at Full Cycle and rode around Boulder. Despite the brutal heat - I had a blast!
At the rental area
This is the bike I rented (included helmet and lock)
I tried to make a map of my ride later in the evening but missed a lot of places I went. (For example: I first headed up much further north on Folsom and veered west to Linden Place - this spur isn't on the map).
It was hotter than hell but much of the ride was along creek beds where fortunately the air was a bit cooler. Along one stretch there was a profusion of prairie dogs!
Mid morning temp (taken at school sign out in farm country).
There were a few missteps - I rode up Table Mesa road for quite a while (It was uphill) until I realized it was the wrong way. All streets have designated bike lanes so I never felt threatened by the traffic :-).
I returned downtown to the Bike Store to grab lunch. Drinking Two IPAs was not a smart idea as the post lunch ride was super hot and all factors made me a little lazy :-(

I parked my bike by this picturesque stream and watched a father and son fishing  (the son caught fish - the Dad didn't!).
I rode up the canyon until the pavement turned to gravel and turned around at the bridge. Although it was uphill, the climb wasn't that bad but it was 98 degrees and those two IPAs at lunch were not energizing!!
Looking west  (up)
Looking down
At the bridge
Goat Rock
Lover's Leap
After returning the bike, the 35 minute walk back to our rental home was brutal!!!!

Short Video  (highlights of the Ride)
Turn sound down to minimize wind noise
"One-handed" Video

1 comment:

  1. Nice ride, Rich. Brings back many memories of when I lived in Boulder. I used to ride that same path with my daughter. And the upper path heading up Boulder Canyon was a frequent lunch ride from where I worked.

    ReplyDelete