Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Eastward to the Flatlands!

On Tuesday we decided to take it slow and visit the rural area east of Boulder.  Our friend Jerry lived there so we stopped by his place for a quick visit.

Berthould

Of course, a visit to the train tracks and the former train station was mandatory! :-)
 Jerry and Judy's house was truly out in the prairie.
 His dog Enzo may hold the high jumping record - he can leap straight up as high as the fence!
 Jerry showed us around the property - here he is in front of his hay.

 City Bike Ride

Late in the afternoon, I decided to take a "city bike" ride. There are a few bike stations around Boulder where you can "rent" a bike really cheaply. The bikes are typical cruiser bikes and not as much fun as a real road bike but for a couple of hours of riding - it worked out fine.

You have to walk to the nearest "bike station" and check it into a "bike station"every half hour which was a pain in the butt but after riding a bit, I found the old Boulder train station (now a restaurant) and snapped a shot of my "hot rod" out front :-)
A rough estimate of the route I took (both maps)
I forgot to bring my camera but tried a one-handed video with my phone in the pedestrian mall. Its a little shaky...

No comments:

Post a Comment